||This project looked at designing a supply chain solution to improve the energy efficiency of the vast majority of the 26 million UK homes which will still be in use by 2050.It looked to identify ways in which the refurbishment and retrofitting of existing residential properties can be accelerated by industrialising the processes of design, supply and implementation, while stimulating demand from householders by exploiting additional opportunities that come with extensive building refurbishment.The project developed a top-to-bottom process, using a method of analysing the most cost-effective package of measures suitable for a particular property, through to how these will be installed with the minimum disruption to the householder. This includes identifying the skills required of the people on the ground as well as the optimum material distribution networks to supply them with exactly what is required and when.
This is the executive summary of deliverable 2 of Work Package 5. Deliverable 5.2, Customer Value Methodology. It summarises
- existing methodologies
- choice of Experian Mosaic-Green
- work with Experian to refine the customer segments from their model in this specific context
- summarises the ten resulting customer segments
- presents a diagram showing their relationship to age and affluence
- describes the further work to be done