||This project looked at designing a supply chain solution to improve the energy efficiency of the vast majority of the 26 million UK homes which will still be in use by 2050.It looked to identify ways in which the refurbishment and retrofitting of existing residential properties can be accelerated by industrialising the processes of design, supply and implementation, while stimulating demand from householders by exploiting additional opportunities that come with extensive building refurbishment.The project developed a top-to-bottom process, using a method of analysing the most cost-effective package of measures suitable for a particular property, through to how these will be installed with the minimum disruption to the householder. This includes identifying the skills required of the people on the ground as well as the optimum material distribution networks to supply them with exactly what is required and when.
This is the executive summary of WP4 D5: Change Management Roadmap. The objective of deliverable 4.5 is to develop a Change Management Roadmap that details the actions needed to transform the supply chain to deliver retrofit effectively at scale. The report presents a top level transformation plan together with the timescales, actions and estimated costs necessary to realise the future state supply chain that has been proposed as part of the project. This was a 3 stage process:
Key findings cover
- Splitting the retrofit process into delivery steps and supporting activities, adding a description / specification at each step for the future state, this future state is documented in deliverables 4.3 and 4.4.
- Add the current state for the existing supply chain
- Identify the transformation route from current state to desired future state, the participants required to take action, prioritisation and the likely costs / timeframes. The goal is the capacity to achieve 400,000 retrofits per year by 2020. The result of this activity is the transformation plan identified in this deliverable.
Further work on buildings retrofit will be addressed as part of the ETI Smart System and Heat programme
- Transformational roadmap, plan and high level budget
- Stakeholder review
- Commercial drivers
- Obstacles & Risks
- Geographical Considerations
- Material and Process Change Requirements