- Storage in the Captain Sandstone aquifer in UKCS quadrants 13 and 14 in the Central North Sea.
- 3 well, single stage development of Captain X Site from an unmanned platform, supplied with CO2 from St. Fergus via an existing 78km 16” pipeline.
- Ambitious programme to Final Investment Decision in 2018 and first injection in 2022.
- Capital investment of £152 million (PV10, 2015), equating to £2.5 for each tonne stored.
- The store can contain 60Mt from the 20 year CO2 supply profile at 3Mt/y.
- There is good subsurface data but further seismic investigation is required to understand plume development and shape the development plan.