- Storage in the Ormskirk Sandstone in the faulted horst block known as Hamilton (UKCS block 110/13) in the East Irish Sea.
- 3 well development of Hamilton from an unmanned platform supplied with CO2 from Point of Ayr via a 16” 26km pipeline.
- Final investment decision in 2022 and first injection in 2026.
- Capital investment of £114 million (PV10, 2015), equating to £0.9 for each tonne stored.
- The store can contain the 125Mt from the assumed CO2 supply profile of 5Mt/y for 25 years.
- Subsurface uncertainty is limited, but a complex transition needs to be engineered between early gas phase injection and later liquid phase injection.