||TEABPP Consortium Techno-Economic Assessment of Biomass Pre-Processing (TEABPP) - Initial techno-economic results - Spreadsheet tool, ETI, 2017. https://doi.org/10.5286/UKERC.EDC.000432. Cite this using DataCite
||E4Tech (UK) Ltd,, PSE, CMCL, Imperial College London, Black & Veatch, University of Sheffield, University of Leeds
||The techno-economic project will provide a greater understanding of the options available to modify or improve the physical and chemical characteristics of different types of UK-derived 2nd generation energy biomass feedstocks, that may otherwise reduce the cost-effective performance of conversion technologies
This Excel tool presents techno-economic assessments of a library of representative biomass value chains producing heat, power, combined heat and power, or syngas. Costs are present day (projected future costs not considered), and prices or profits are not be considered. The tool does not consider uncertainty ranges, feedstock characteristics or sensitivity analyses. This Excel tool is a pre-cursor to the more sophisticated gPROMS model produced later in the project.
- This workbook is very large, and reliant on the interaction between thousands of different input parameters and formulae
- In particular, the “Chain choice” tab contains a Data table with over a large number of rows and 3 columns, which is computationally heavy, and often leads to cycling between chains/volatile values changing
- It is therefore a very strong recommendation for the user to configure your Excel to NOT automatically update all formulae
- To do this, go to File > Options > Formulas > and select “Automatic except for data tables”.
- You can then use the Excel safely, and if you want to refresh the Data table results, hit “F9” and wait about 2 minutes. The Data table will be refreshed when the “Data Table: 1” status at the bottom right of the Excel window disappears. If you hit “F9” then move to another cell or tab, the table will not have updated.
- Youmay also find that you cannot have any other spreadsheet open at the same time.
||ETI-BI2011: Techno Economic study of UK Biomass Preprocessing
||No associated datasets
Making efficient use of bioenergy feedstocks for cleaner, greener energy
Techno-Economic Assessment of Biomass Pre-processing - Request for Proposals
Techno-Economic Assessment of Biomass Pre-Processing (TEABPP) - Analysis and Recommendations Report
Techno-Economic Assessment of Biomass Pre-Processing (TEABPP) -Down-selection and workshop report
Techno-Economic Assessment of Biomass Pre-Processing (TEABPP) - Review and Benchmarking Report
Techno-Economic Assessment of Biomass Pre-processing (TEABPP) - Small Scale Technologies for Dedicated Biomass Conversion to Heat and CHP